Founded in 2001, the Corolla Wild Horse Fund’s nonprofit mission is to protect, conserve, and responsibly manage the herd of wild Colonial Spanish Mustangs roaming freely on the northernmost Currituck Outer Banks, and to promote the continued preservation of this land as a permanent sanctuary for horses designated as the State Horse and defined as a cultural treasure by the state of North Carolina.
Position – Part-time, hourly, non-exempt
Associates greet visitors, providing them with information about the mission, activities, and programs of the Corolla Wild Horse Fund as well as help with their selections and purchases. Acting as representatives of the Fund, associates help educate visitors about the Banker wild horses and answer visitors’ questions regarding the herd and the work of the Fund. Associates maintain stock levels on the sales floor, receive incoming merchandise, and ensure that all is clean and presentable. Working cooperatively and collaboratively with all staff, especially the Retail Coordinator, this position reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer.
- Actively engage visitors in conversation to educate them about the Banker horses and the Fund’s mission to protect and conserve them.
- Operate the point-of-sale system to process patron transactions.
- Ensure system register has sufficient currency daily by communicating status with the Finance Manager or Chief Operating Officer.
- Accurately follow daily system closing procedures.
- Maintain cleanliness of floors, displays, and merchandise.
- Keep the restroom clean, neat, and organized.
- Regularly restock merchandise shelves.
- Notify the Chief Operating Officer and/or the Retail Coordinator if restocking or reordering is required before stock depletes.
- Assist the Retail Coordinator with sales floor displays.
- Commitment to the protection and preservation of the Banker wild horses.
- High School diploma with some retail or education experience a plus.
- Understand ethical behavior and business practices and ensures that own behavior is consistent with these standards and aligned with the values of the organization.
- Self-motivated, takes initiative, and has ability to learn quickly.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal and phone skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to anticipate, to understand, and to respond to the needs of visitors in order to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
- Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and harmonious working relationship with other staff, management, and volunteers to promote and support the Corolla Wild Horse Fund.
- Ability to perform the essential job functions physically.
- High comfort level working in a diverse environment.
- Ability to handle difficult interpersonal situations effectively with tact and patience.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME TO INFO@COROLLAWILDHORSES.COM.