Hotel Breakfast Attendant
Location: Ocean Front Hotel in Kill Devil Hills Pay: $16/Hour
When: 6:30AM – 11:00 AM Part Time Schedule to Include Some Weekends
The Breakfast Attendant is a key member of the Guest Services team. They are responsible for preparing and serving daily breakfast bar, greeting each guest and ensuring the guests are comfortable and overall satisfied.
The Guest Services Team is typically the guest’s first interaction with the Hotel, so we need to make certain it is consistently a positive experience. Each guest that walks in Shutters will be welcomed and acknowledged with the culture of positive customer service. You are responsible for ensuring we provide the highest level of guest service and that our standards are met and maintained at all times. With a combination of passion for the job and the right communication with other departments, you have the ability and empowerment to make the guest’s experience more than memorable. A Breakfast Attendant must have a positive and professional, upbeat personality with a desire to deliver outstanding customer service to our guests. A
Breakfast Attendant is responsible for setting up complimentary breakfast items for our guest, some light food preparation; cleaning and closing the breakfast area.
- Experience in Guest Services, with a strong knowledge of The Outer Banks and surrounding areas.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to enhance the service standards throughout the operation.
- Excellent communication, guest service and time management skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Able to organize, plan ahead, multitask and manage workload.
- A team player and a self-started, yet able to work independently with Shutter’s standards. Must be able to work an overnight shift and have weekend availability.
- Ability to work effectively in an innovative, fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of food safety regulations.
- High School graduate or equivalent required. Must speak, read, write and understand the primary language used in the workplace. College or University degree preferred in Hospitality/Customer Service or a minimum of 3 years of experience in a guest services role.