FOOD & BEVERAGE ASSOCIATE ($14.00/HOUR + BONUS PAY)
Responsible for assisting in the preparation and service of food and beverage throughout the park. This is a diverse role where associates roles can range from working in the back of the house - stocking, prepping and cooking, to the front of the house – greeting guests and working registers. Must be 15 years of age or older to apply.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Take food and drink orders from guests and customers in a timely fashion
• Operates a cash register and receives payment from customers in cash or credit card, accurately counts and provides change to customers as required and follows cash handling policies and procedures
• Interact with guests in a friendly, engaging manner to help create a superior experience
• Exceeding all health code standards
• Follow service guidelines in preparation and presentation of food
• Ensure food is properly stored
• Learn and adhere to the designated cooking methods to assist in preparing the appropriate menu items consistently
• Strives to learn to improve skills and expands knowledge about food products and techniques
• Works with a sense of urgency to anticipate guest and team members needs when the opportunity arises
• Daily set-up and clean-up details in the various food and beverage outlets
• Assists with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of the kitchen, walk-in coolers and all storage areas
• Handles, stores and rotates all products properly
• Receive inventory of food and beverage items
• Assures items and quantities delivered match the order
• Brings required items to various food and beverage outlets
• Performing kitchen maintenance; emptying the trash, mopping floors and washing dishes
• Attends staff meetings and other meetings as requested • Perform all other duties as requested
• Possess basic computer and POS system abilities
• Basic problem solving and decision-making skills
• Must be able to communicate effectively with the public and other team members in verbal and written form
• Must be able to maintain a positive/friendly attitude
• Ability to work independently or with a team
• Follow and enforce all waterpark standards
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job the associate is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch.
The associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to wet and or humid conditions; outside weather conditions and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Due to the cyclical nature of the industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the waterpark including weekends & holidays.