Carolina Designs Realty has a Maintenance Technician position available immediately.
Apply Now using the digital application at carolinadesigns.com/employment
- Complete assigned work orders to the best of your ability
- Communicate with coworkers if the work order should be escalated or more maintenance is needed
- Complete reports electronically for each job (detailed description of work performed at the property, bill labor/material accordingly, submit receipts)
- On-call duty on assigned day(s)
Examples of work you may be asked to do:
- Basic Plumbing (unclogging toilets, replacing valves, etc.)
- Electronics (troubleshooting, hooking up new items such as TVs and game systems)
- Grills (troubleshooting, replacing propane and/or grills)
- Misc. Maintenance (repair/replace window or slider screens, repair/replace doorknobs, replace light bulbs, replace filters, assess appliances, trash removal)
- Winterize/Dewinterize Properties
- Keyless Lock Troubleshooting (install locks, replace batteries, troubleshooting)
- Advanced maintenance should be escalated to outside vendors (examples include most electrical work, siding/roof/advanced deck repairs, clogged septic line/septic pumping, and replacing wax plumbing seals and copper piping, and HVAC)
- Personality for customer service atmosphere
- Working weekends
- Eye for detail
- Ability to follow a stringent routine in a fast-paced environment (work quickly and efficiently)
- Reliable, insured vehicle and valid driver license
- Wear PPE when appropriate
A work vehicle is provided after 90 days. We ask that you start the position with your own basic tools.
Our Operations office is located in Harbinger, and the homes we manage are located in the towns of Corolla, Duck, Southern Shores, Kitty Hawk, Kill Devil Hills, and Nags Head.