SPECIAL FACILITIES LIFEGUARD ($17.50/hour + Bonus Pay)
Lifeguards are responsible for providing a fun and safe environment for all guests and co-workers. This position requires long periods of standing and walking in a fast pace environment with sunlight exposure and hot temperatures. All training is provided, no previous experience is required. Must be 16 years of age or older to apply. (15 years old – see Shallow Water Lifeguard position)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
SPECIAL FACILITY LIFEGUARD REQUIREMENTS
- Oversee guest safety during waterpark hours and special events
- Enforce rules and regulations to ensure guest and team safety
- Successfully complete requirements (see below) for a Special Facility Lifeguard, class provided by H2OBX
- Attend 4 hours of monthly on-going training to maintain lifeguard license
- Assist in maintaining park cleanliness
- Respond to emergency situations and provide emergency care if necessary
- Communicate effectively with guests, other team members, and leadership
- Provide memorable guest and team member experiences through positive interactions
- Attending staff meetings, morning meetings and other meetings as requested
- Perform all other duties as requested
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to swim the length of the pool in six (6) feet of water (and in the event of a potential drowning incident, rescue guest and return them to safety), and stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit. Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and/or frequently lift or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Correctable vision of 20/20 in both eyes.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to wet and or humid conditions; outside weather conditions and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Due to the changing nature of the industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the waterpark including weekends & holidays.
- Complete a 200-yard swim
- In-water tread without the use of arms and hands for 2 minutes
- Retrieve a brick from 8 feet of water or deepest facility depth
- Be able to show understanding and demonstrate skills required by Ellis and Associate International Lifeguard Training Course (provided by H2OBX)
- Upon course completion, Special Facility Lifeguards may guard at all H2OBX attractions